DT Dijkstra’s expertise in machines and installations for the processing of potatoes is well known. But onion growers and processors can also count on DT Dijkstra for the design and realisation of specialised machines and installations. That is why in this edition extra attention is paid to onions and shallots.
Shallots in Tasmania
Last autumn, DT Dijkstra was commissioned to supply Freshline Tasmania (Australia) with a processing line for shallots and potatoes. The soon to be delivered line includes a box tipper, a roller set, an inspection conveyor, 2 onion toppers, a grading machine, conveyers, inclined conveyors and a distribution conveyor. All machines are produced by DT Dijkstra, including the recently introduced onion topper O-TOP 3. A good example of a very complete line for a processing company.
Machines for onions and shallots
As a result of this project in Tasmania, this time we focus our spotlight on two machines for onions and shallots, namely the vertical box filler KVV and the new onion topper O-TOP 3.
Box filler KVV
- Easy operation
- Compact construction
- Easily adjustable fall-damping plates in the product flow
- Easily removable fall-damping plates for easy cleaning and disinfection
- Suitable for onions, shallots, potatoes and carrots
Onion topper O-TOP 3
- Adjustable distance between screen and blade
- Top is cut off shorter than in comparable existing systems
- Flexible top length, depending on customer requirement or processing period
- Light-weight screens (8 kg/piece)
- Extended tool life of the blade cutting surface
- Surface of the screen bars is specially treated against screen contamination, which extends the cleaning interval